Monday, July 25, 2016

SD Card / MicroSD Card Corrupt Fix

My memory card was corrupt and I was unable to mount it in windows or linux, like it was not even being detected. I was not able to get any devices (Camera, Phone, etc.) to recognize it either. I kept getting the error:
                          
Under Linux:
mmc0: error -110 whilst initialising SD card
mmc0: error -110 whilst initialising SD card
mmc0: error -110 whilst initialising SD card

Under Windows:
Nothing, windows would not detect it.


I would eject it and put it back in, same thing.

Here is how to get you card mounted and copy your data. Insert the SD/MicroSD card into the reader of your computer, count to 6 seconds, eject it and and reinsert it, count to 6 seconds again. Continue to do this until your card is mounted, I noticed it can take 4-7 inserts/ejects before it mounts. However I once had to do it 30 times in a row before it mounted. You can do this in Windows or Linux, I have tried it in both.

Once it mounts and you can access the files, copy ALL DATA from the Memory Card to your Computer IMMEDIATELY. As your Card is failing or has failed.


Note: I take no responsibility for ANY damages or lost data that may result from following these instructions. I had this happen to me twice and it worked each time. 

2 comments:

  1. I have been not so lucky with memory cards. Rather I have always relied on software like Stellar Phoenix Photo Recovery, Remo Recover etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am impressed. I don't think Ive met anyone who knows as much about this subject as you do. You are truly well informed and very intelligent. You wrote something that people could understand and made the subject intriguing for everyone. Really, great blog you have got here. 카드깡

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your input.

Personal Media Organizer: digiKam

Looking to replace cloud solutions such as Google Photo's, ACDSee and Adobe with an offline application that won't have your persona...