Saturday, November 5, 2011

NAS

Speed up SnakeOS NAS

Disable the services your not using. You would be suprised how much of a difference this makes. For example I was only using FTP so I disabled all other services and made sure the services was stopped. Then saved config and rebooted, once rebooted make sure the services are still stopped and disabled.

This will speed up the SnakeOS NAS and speed up FTP SAMBA transfer speeds.

I disabled and stopped samba, transmission, ssh and a bunch others except ftp. The RAM usage went from 93% on idle to 23% on idle. And my transfer speed when from 1-2MB/s to 5-6MB/s.

So, disable and stop all services you dont use. Make sure to save the config or when you reboot you will loose these settings.

It seems obvious enough but I never thought of it till now. Leave a comment and let me know your results.(No need to login, choose anonymous)



SnakeOS on wlxkj652, ns-k330 and others NAS based on str8132 family of SoC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your input.

Personal Media Organizer: digiKam

Looking to replace cloud solutions such as Google Photo's, ACDSee and Adobe with an offline application that won't have your persona...