Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Hikvision DS-2CD2032-I working in Zoneminder

This is how I got my Hikvision 3MP Bullet IP Camera DS-2CD2032-I working in Zoneminder.

Adding the camera to Zoneminder:
   i) Create a new monitor and choose source as ffmpeg

  ii) Click on source tab, add rtsp://username:password@192.168.1.120:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0?tcp to  the source(change your IP as neccessary on your network, and your username and password.

 iii) Colours is 24 bit, Width is 1920, Height is 1080(I choose 1080P mode instead of 3MP), Click save and it should now work. 

If you cannot get a live stream in Zoneminder, try to increase the shmall and shmmax values. I was not getting an image in zoneminder until increased my values to the following.

sudo nano /etc/sysctl.conf

Now add or change the following in the file:

# Increase the maximum shared memory
   kernel.shmall = 1073741824
   kernel.shmmax = 1073741824


Save and exit, you may also need to reboot.


At this point you should have the camera working in Zoneminder, if not you may have to install H264 on your Zoneminder server by following the instructions here.

6 comments:

  1. You may wish to check those values beforehand, because current limit (usually: half of RAM) might be higher, like in my case:
    kernel.shmall = 18446744073692774399
    kernel.shmmax = 18446744073692774399

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great instructions! Worked for me. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting! Glad to be of help.

      Delete
  3. Zoneminder is a piece of shit, I have tried so many times to get it to work and HikVision or other cameras I have had no luck. config is complex and while setting up zmc, zma and other processese are dying in the background making the UI slow, this thing needs a re-write.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had no issue's other than scaling past 10 full HD IP camera's since the motion detection is done on the server with ZM.

      Delete

Thanks for your input.

Personal Media Organizer: digiKam

Looking to replace cloud solutions such as Google Photo's, ACDSee and Adobe with an offline application that won't have your persona...