Friday, December 24, 2010

CURL Reboot Linksys Router

                                                                        
Here is a CURL command to reboot Linksys routers. This save's time by not having to login to the web interface and navigating the right pages. This can also be used to automate router reboot.

curl http://username:password@192.168.1.1/apply.cgi -d "submit_button=Reboot&change_action=&action=Reboot&wait_time=19&rebootmode=1"


Please note: All my curl commands might not work directly if you copy paste because when you copy it will take the line breaks and give you a error, so paste this code into notepad or something and remove wordwrap, make sure the command is all on one line then copy paste it.

Look at my other scripts to know how to use CURL in windows.

9 comments:

  1. Thanks, there´s no option for this on my wrt300n web interface but the command worked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is there anyway to run this command with the same effect without knowing the username and password of the router in question? (I'm trying to reboot my neighbors Linksysy WRT54G)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you. This is exactly what I was looking for.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you know the equivalent curl command to release and renew the router's external DHCP IP? I would like to do this on my E4200.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will try and have the curl command and post it tomorrow.

      Delete
    2. Ok, as promised here are the links to the commands:

      http://onlinetechadvice.blogspot.ca/2013/02/linksys-curl-command-to-release-and.html

      I made a seperate post for it so other people can find it easily.

      Delete
  5. Hello, I enjoy reading all of your article.
    I like to write a little comment to support you.

    Linksys Router Technical Support

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your input.

Personal Media Organizer: digiKam

Looking to replace cloud solutions such as Google Photo's, ACDSee and Adobe with an offline application that won't have your persona...